Prayer Run: For Those In Between

My bib from doing the same race two years ago
I'm running a half marathon this weekend. I'm using it as a training run for the full marathon I am doing next month. And as I have done in previous races, I will again be doing it as a prayer run.

Half of a marathon. 13.1 of 26.2 miles. Halfway to a goal. In between. Midway.


In this prayer run, I will be running for those who are finding themselves in some form or state of being in between...


for those who are in between jobs...


for those who are moving, from one side of town to the other, or from one state to another...


for those in between school levels, those moving up a grade level...

for those transitioning from being a student to working and beginning a career...


for those in the middle of major projects in life...

for those in the middle of medical treatments...

for those in the midst of family transitions...

for those who are in the midst of picking up the pieces and figuring things out after the loss of loved ones to death or divorce...

for those who are in the middle of rebuilding relationships...

for pastors who are in transition in between churches/appointments...

for churches who are in transition, in between pastors...


for people transitioning into new faith communities...

for those who are in a season of waiting...

for those who are transitioning into a new state of being and new ways of doing...

... this "half" I'm running is for you.


I will say that completing a half marathon is in itself an accomplishment already. So, in whatever form of "in between-ness" that you find yourself in, I tell you to celebrate. Being where you are is already an accomplishment!

But I also encourage you to press on being "confident of this, that the one who began a good work among you will bring it to completion by the day of Jesus Christ." (Philippians 1:6, NRSV)

Praying and running for you,
Carlo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Papa and Mama: A "Coming Out" Letter

Blue Christmas Run... for those in the dark

Come Run With Me... Again