Let Your Voice be Heard

East Anchorage UMC, where the Conference office is housed, is a polling place and so as I write this post today, I am watching people from all walks of life coming in and out of the building to vote. It's been a steady stream of people since I came in! And this is a good thing! I am not a U.S. Citizen (at least not yet) but if I were, I would be part of this exodus.

As I sit here, I am also witnessing how folks from East Anchorage UMC are engaging the voters, offering them coffee and treats. There is so much negativity and mudslinging clouding every election season that this simple act of hospitality comes as a breath of fresh air. No, they are not campaigning for any candidate or advocating for a certain cause. They are merely saying "Thank you for voting." What a great witness! And what a great way to engage their neighbors! They are certainly making great connections.

If you have already voted, I thank you for doing so! If you haven't, I encourage you to do so and let your voice be heard! Here are John Wesley's words for voters during his time and us today:

Blessings,
Carlo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Papa and Mama: A "Coming Out" Letter

Making the Road By Walking

Blue Christmas Run... for those in the dark